Guasha and Tuina
Taught by Ninetta Keenan
Each class 6 CEs, $150. Both Guasha and Tuina: 12 CEs, $300.
Guasha and Tuina have been used for centuries for health maintenance and to treat pathologies. Gua Sha is a rubbing technique applied to the surface of the skin with a smooth tool resulting in drawing out stagnation and stimulating the connective tissues. Tui Na is a hands-on technique applying a vigorous push/pull action that stimulates the muscles and joints.
Both work to mobilize Blood, Qi and Lymph inthe body, resolving chronic injuries and pain, and benefitting internal disorders. This class will review the benefits and different procedures for each modality as well as protocol for treating a variety of diseases from the common cold, muscle aches, digestive disorders, irregular menstruation, headaches to sports injuries.
Students will have time for practical application so they may offer these modalities as a natural extension to their practice.
Guasha and Tuina: How To Register
How To Register:
- Course registrations must be received by 5pm the day before the start of class.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.
- Illinois requires all students of higher education institutions to either be vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive a weekly negative COVID test. After registering, please email a picture of both sides of your vaccination card to email@example.com. Alternately, please email the results of a negative COVID test dated no more than 7 days prior to your class start date.