The Going Deeper Class Series consists of one 6-hour class per month, designed to specifically meet the needs of advanced students, open only to graduates or advanced students of Zen Shiatsu Chicago or other Asian Bodywork Therapy schools
Expanding Receptivity to Energize Your Practice – Arlette Greer
Most of us are experts at contracting our bodies and focusing our minds. While some contraction helps us achieve goals, excess contraction can get in the way of our receptivity. It can be a challenge to let go of unnecessary contraction/focus. It’s no surprise that client complaints often center around being overly-contracted (e.g. tight musculature or anxious minds). Clients need help expanding.
December – Extraordinary Vessels Part Two – Steve Rogne (Part One can be made up online)
Extraordinary Vessels are much more than specific flows within the body. Extraordinary Vessels describe the most general dynamics by which human beings take shape and story in time and space.
Extraordinary Vessels treatments have profound implications for genetic expression, lifelong constitutional issues, life-threatening illnesses, and evolving stories about oneself and the world.
How do we touch through time? How do we draw on resources from the past and future? How can we align with and make peace with universal evolutionary forces?
This Part Two class will review a few basic competencies in Extraordinary Vessels work, and will focus on treatment of the Yin Wei Mai, Yang Wei Mai, Yin Qiao Mai, Yang Qiao Mai and Dai Mai.
Students who have not taken Part 1 should call the office to discuss getting access to the Part 1 audio recording and handouts.
Expanding Receptivity to Energize Your Practice: What We Cover and How To Register
How To Register:
- Course registrations must be received by 5pm the day before the start of class.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.
- Illinois requires all students of higher education institutions to either be vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive a weekly negative COVID test. After registering, please email a picture of both sides of your vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please email the results of a negative COVID test dated no more than 7 days prior to your class start date.