Ethics: Diversity & Decolonization Tool Kit for Bodyworkers Course Description:
Taught by Yoli Maya Yeh
8 CEs, $200
A call is being heard loud and clear to challenge racism within and to dismantle in industry structures. Long has this system of oppression and harm been supported by overt and implicit biases, capitalist economic structures and the misappropriation of spiritual and wellbeing language into weapons of self-hypnosis, gaslighting, spiritual bypass and abuse.
This series presents a map of the path we must traverse in order to liberate yoga and wellness tools and to enter the transformative justice work of anti-racism. Our approach to learning is rooted in a decolonized framework, Indigenous methodologies, is BBIPOC centered and utilizes experiential pedagogy.
This is not your average unpack-your-white-privilege workshop. This is a deep dive into theory and practice of how we move from defining the problem to mapping how we move through the restorative work to arrive at the potential for transformative justice where collective healing is possible.
This class will be taught by Zoom.
Ethics: Diversity & Decolonization Tool Kit for Bodyworkers: How To Register
How To Register:
- Course registrations must be received by 5pm the day before the start of class.
- If you are not ready to pay, you can still add your name to the interest list. Your space will not be permanently held until payment is made.
- To pay by phone, call 847-864-1130
- To pay online, check the box next to the associated start date below and select the “NEXT STEPS ” button. By prepaying you agree to our registration policies.
- Illinois requires all students of higher education institutions to either be vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive a weekly negative COVID test. After registering, please email a picture of both sides of your vaccination card to email@example.com. Alternately, please email the results of a negative COVID test dated no more than 7 days prior to your class start date.